Bon Appetit... and Have Fun Storming the Castle!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

REDNECK SUSHI !

OK... I thought this was a great idea... this is NOT my cooking, but I will probably do it some day soon.

It's form Mark Balli, over at the Smoking Meats community Forum. Here's the link:

Bacon....Sushi with Q - SmokingMeatForums.com Community

".....

Then I was asked if I wanted to supply some finger food for the wife's church dinner for something. So I was thinking what can I do and they have all heard of the Redneck Sushi but I haven't made it for them. So into the freezer I go and I saw some Italian (homemade) sausage. I always have celery, green onions,and some sort of peppers and then some chunk cheese and then topped with some of my homemade BBQ sauces.



So it's easy to make. All you need is some Nori paper (seaweed) and then slice your veg into long strips and then layout your nori and cover with a thin layer of sticky (jasmine) rice. Then just lay your veg and COOKED meat and roll it all up. Then slice into pieces that are all the same thickness and there you go SUSHI with a different twist. Now the biggest problem I have with this dish is it looks so much like real (raw fish) sushi that most folks run from it. So I'm constantly telling the people that it's not fish it's all cooked and it in this case sausage and other COOKED stuff.


......

Looks like a fun way to make some party food... I gotta remember this!

Bon Appetit. And Have Fun Storming the Castle!



No comments: